Become the Fundraising Specialist for India and help smallholder farmers feed the world.
Fundraising Specialist – India
Place of Work:
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
About the Role:
This new position will be responsible for identifying and pursuing funding opportunities in India and for developing and managing strategic partnerships with corporate foundations, Indian CSR companies, and national and international organizations. The Fundraising Specialist will play a vital role in developing and implementing a fundraising strategy to support the mission and goals of East-West Seed Knowledge Transfer Foundation (EWS-KT) in India.
EWS-KT is looking for a dynamic professional with a proven track record of successfully securing funds through various channels, including multilateral partnerships, CSR funds, philanthropic grants, and high-net-worth individual donors.
The Fundraising Specialist will report directly to the EWS-KT Head of India and will work closely with the EWS-KT Senior Advisor for Strategic Partnerships on securing funds.
- Prepare a fundraising strategy for EWS-KT India
Scan the India market for grant, funding, and partnership opportunities.
- Identify new fundraising opportunities.
- Cultivate a network of dedicated donors and partners and maintain documentation.
- Build rapport with potential donors to secure funds for the organization.
- Manage relationships with corporate foundations and CSR teams for funding opportunities.
- Attend regional/national networking events, CSR conferences, etc., to establish contacts and introduce the work of EWS-KT to partners and donors.
- Write grant applications and fundraising proposals.
- Manage the securing of funds from end to end.
- Report on funding and donation income to EWS-KT management and trustees, members of the public, and partners.
- Strategize and successfully execute fundraising campaigns, both online and offline.
- Utilize social media and digital channels to promote fundraising initiatives and engage supporters.
- Travel to meet donors and partners as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 3 years of fundraising experience and nonprofit-sector experience highly preferred.
- Proven track record for fundraising with strong relationships within CSR and corporate foundation networks.
- Experience in establishing public-private partnerships and collaborating with national and international NGOs.
- Good understanding of agriculture, agri-business, and the agriculture market in India.
- Good project management skills and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and facilitation skills.
- Oral and written fluency in Hindi and English
EWS-KT is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, color, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to [email protected]
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only applicants who are shortlisted for further discussions will be contacted.