Who We Are
- EWS-KT is a non-profit corporate foundation with unique ties to East-West Seed Group.
- Our mission is to improve the production and business skills of smallholder farmers, with the aim of enhancing their livelihoods and increasing the supply of safe-to-eat vegetables while simultaneously catalyzing the development of innovative agricultural-input markets.
What We Do
We leverage a business-minded approach to sustainable development for farmers in less developed areas:
- We offer practical field demonstrations on home and market-driven production.
- We guide farmers to establish demonstration plots to showcase innovative techniques for growing vegetables.
- We provide field-level training and exposure on best practices for profitable and sustainable farming.
- We develop locally adapted extension materials and share information through digital media platforms.
How We Work
- We help develop competitive agricultural-input markets and position vegetable production as an attractive and viable livelihood for local communities.
- We build partnerships with other organizations that share our core values to promote a sustainable and profitable vegetable production system for low-income and rural communities.
We have high-quality training materials, on-the-ground teams, and a unique data system. All of our extension materials are available on the EWS-KT digital platform GrowHow, which offers a variety of learning materials, including crop guides available in more than 25 languages.
Board of Trustees and Advisors
East-West Seed Knowledge Transfer Foundation has dedicated local field teams in each of the locations where we work. We currently employ more than 180 full-time staff.