Technical Field Supervisor
Responsible for supervising and training Technical Field Officers and overseeing on-field demonstrations of vegetable production.
Place of work: : Based at one of our field locations in Bangladesh.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Technical Field Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the extension activities carried out by Technical Field Officers (TFOs) in the field locations; offering technical support to the TFOs; and organizing training for the TFOs in profitable vegetable cultivation techniques.
- Identify new villages for possible EWS-KT intervention and conduct participatory rural appraisals to assess the suitability of the villages
- Organize baseline surveys and data collection in the new villages
- Develop field demonstration plots in the villages and train Technical Field Officers (TFOs)
- Supervise the demonstration plots established by the TFOs and provide technical recommendations
- Ensure that all the field demonstrations by the TFOs are of best quality and follow EWS-KT protocols
- Train TFOs on technical aspects of vegetable production
- Organize orientation and guidance for any new TFOs
- Organize Field Days and trainings for smallholder farmers to transfer knowledge on profitable vegetable production and increase outreach
- Ensure timely availability of vegetable seeds and other input materials for starting and maintaining the demonstration plots
- Assist in developing technical/extension materials for farmers training
- Ensure the availability of crop guides, crop boards, technical boards, Field Day kiosks, brochures, and other training materials required by the TFOs
- Liaise with government departments such as the Department of Agricultural Extension (DAE) and research stations such as Bangladesh Agricultural Research Institute, etc., for collaboration and support
- BSc in agriculture, or any degree with relevant field experience
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of field experience, with knowledge of vegetable production
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a trainer in extension education
- Knowledge of crops, seasons, land preparation, pest and disease identification and control, fertilizer application, etc.
- Good understanding of vegetable markets
- Excellent community organizing skills
- Experience carrying out training of trainers (ToT)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Workspace
- Proactive and innovative
- A team player with the ability to multitask and work in cross-functional environments
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a motorcycle
At EWS-KT, we value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, color, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to [email protected].
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only applicants who are shortlisted for further discussions will be contacted.