Knowledge Transfer Manager – Bangladesh
Place of work: Bangladesh
About the Role
The Knowledge Transfer Manager will lead the team in Bangladesh to build the capacity of smallholder farmers to be resilient and successful in vegetable farming. This position will report to the Director of EWS-KT. The Knowledge Transfer Manager will provide leadership, coaching, and guidance and will support all project activities of EWS-KT Bangladesh in close cooperation with project partners and in alignment with the future plans of East-West Seed.
East-West Seed Knowledge Transfer (EWS-KT) is a non-profit corporate foundation with unique ties to East-West Seed, a vegetable seed company with a dedicated focus on smallholder farmers and the local markets that they supply. East-West Seed has consistently ranked high in the Access to Seed Index. Its founder, Simon Groot, was recognized by the 2019 World Food Prize for his role in transforming vegetable markets and creating opportunities for income development for millions of smallholder farmers and improved nutrition for countless lower-income consumers. Recognizing that farmers need access to quality seeds as well as knowledge on how to grow crops, the company has long supported intensive training programs for farmers. To ensure that these pre-commercial activities are most effectively geared towards benefiting smallholder farmers, training activities are managed through EWS-KT.
The Knowledge Transfer Manager will report to the Director of EWS-KT and will work with close support from the Head of EWS-KT India. The position will work closely with the Knowledge Transfer Support team to ensure their support in technical aspects of production, project management, HR, finances, data analytics, digital communications, M&E, etc.
- Lead a team of professionals in delivering knowledge to smallholder farmers on profitable vegetable production
- Set goals for EWS-KT Bangladesh, manage the projects, and guide the team to achieve the planned deliverables
- Ensure the smooth functioning of EWS-KT in Bangladesh and make sure that operations adhere to EWS-KT and partner policies and regulations
- Identify project opportunities and support the development of concept notes and project proposals
- Ensure that development of projects is aligned to EWS-KT objectives
- Provide coaching and guidance to the team to maximize efficient use of resources
- Regularly visit the project areas to maintain an overview of all project activities
- Closely coordinate with East-West Seed Bangladesh departments such as Sales, Marketing, and R&D to identify and create future potential market opportunities
- Foster relationships with national and international organizations to promote vegetable production as a valuable source of income for small-scale farmers
- Nurture relationships with partner organizations and manage their communication requirements
- Ensure that all legal requirements are complied with when entering into partnership agreements
- Share progress reports and updates with stakeholders as per agreed timelines
- Act as the point of contact for EWS-KT in Bangladesh and represent EWS-KT in various external forums
- Support EWS-KT HR and the Technical Support Group to identify training needs of staff and provide logistics support in the creation and implementation of the capacity-building calendar
- Efficiently utilize EWS-KT monitoring tools to provide accurate and up-to-date information on the progress and impact of project activities
- Proactively identify bottlenecks, challenges, and opportunities and address the same
- Work closely with the EWS-KT Digital team to develop and implement digital outreach
- Other related duties and tasks that may arise from time to time
- Bangladeshi national with BSc or MSc in Agriculture, Horticulture, Economics, Business Administration, Development, or another relevant field
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or other related managerial position for at least 3 years
- Solid leadership and organizational skills
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Good understanding of vegetable production and markets in Bangladesh
- Track record in training trainers and farmers
- Proven experience working with NGOs, donors, and government
- Analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent knowledge of Google workspace.
- Experience in vegetable production in Bangladesh is an advantage
- International work experience is an advantage
EWS-KT is an equal opportunity employer, and both women and men are strongly encouraged to apply. To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to [email protected].
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only applicants who are shortlisted for further discussions will be contacted.