Technical Field Supervisor – India
Place of work: Based in Morigaon, Assam, India
About the Role
To propel our strategy and ambition to reach 1 million farmers globally over the next five years, EWS-KT is seeking a Technical Specialist. The post holder will focus on supporting EWS Foundation’s goals in sharing knowledge on improved fresh vegetable production practices with smallholder farmers and to act as a technical supervisor for the extension activities carried out by Technical Field Advisors in working areas of KT in Assam. This position will help to consolidate and strengthen extension activities by establishing model field demonstrations and training the Technical Field Advisors on technical aspects of Vegetable production in Assam.
KEY RESULT AREAS and ESSENTIAL TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position will:
1. Demonstrate and Monitor the field activities of Technical Field Advisors on a regular basis and provide them with guidance and support
- Develop Field Demonstration plots in the villages and train technical field advisors
- Plan for nursery and crop production
- Ensure all the field demonstrations are of best quality and according to the protocols recommended by the KT Technical Working Group
- Training for Technical Field Advisors on Technical aspects of vegetable production
- Orientation and guidance to any new staff joining as a Technical Field Advisor
- Organise field days and trainings for farmers to transfer the knowledge on profitable vegetable production to the smallholder farmers and increase KT’s outreach
- Responsible for identifying the seeds and other input material requirements for each and every season and ensuring timely availability of vegetable seeds and input materials for starting and maintaining the demonstration plots
- Ensuring the availability of crop guides, crop boards, technical boards, Field Day Kiosks, brochures and other promotional materials for Assam team on time
- Create a strong support system for the farmers by establishing a network of agro-input dealers for supply of agricultural inputs as recommended in the technical crop guides of various vegetables
- Create training materials in Hindi, supporting in the translation of technical guides and other knowledge assets of KT in Hindi
2. Selection of areas for implementation & Collaboration
- Assessment of new areas for starting Knowledge Transfer Initiatives
- Selection of new villages, selection of key farmers and suitable locations for field demonstration
- Organising baseline surveys in the new villages and data collection
- Liaise with Government departments such as Horticulture department, Agriculture Department, Krishi Vigyan Kendras, National Rural Livelihoods Mission, Organisations such as National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), Farmer producer Companies etc., for collaboration and support
- Supporting the Project Coordinator and Team Lead in collecting and documenting success stories and best practices from the field.
- Collaborate with Technical Working Group and Organise technical trainings for new staff
- BSc in Horticulture / Agriculture or relevant field
- Minimum 2/3 years field experience with knowledge on vegetable production
- Knowledge on crops, seasons, land preparation
- Knowledge on Pest and Disease identification and control
- Knowledge on fertilisers application
- Good understanding of vegetable markets
- Excellent community organisation skills
- Experience on training of trainers (ToT)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient user of MS Office, google
- Proactive and innovative
- A team player, ability to multi-task and work in cross-functional environments
At EWS-KT, we value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
The incumbent can expect a wide range of rewards and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Due to limited resources and high volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send your CV to [email protected].