Become the MEL Officer for Uganda and help smallholder farmers feed the world.
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer – Uganda
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Place of Work:
Kampala, Uganda (with some local and international travel). This position is open to Ugandan nationals.
About the Role:
The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Officer will provide comprehensive information and documentation on the progress of activities and projects in different areas of the country. The MEL Officer will be in charge of MEL for Uganda, using strong organizational and analytical skills to manage information needed by different stakeholders. This position will ensure the accuracy and ethicality of all data used and presented. The position will also organize training programs for the team in entering data and ensuring data correctness.
The MEL Officer will report to the Knowledge Transfer Manager for Uganda and will work in coordination with EWS-KT’s Data Analyst and MEL Manager.
- Assist the Knowledge Transfer Manager for Uganda with developing the MEL Plan for each project, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing MEL and performance monitoring plans.
- Oversee data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, and ensure that data is of high quality.
- Support the preparation and review of project reports, in collaboration with the Knowledge Transfer Manager and team leads.
- Plan and conduct feasibility surveys and impact studies to ensure that outcomes and lessons learned are integrated into the project and shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide training to staff to ensure the implementation of accurate data collection.
- Produce reports according to the deliverables for each project and maintain high-quality communication on project implementation to partners.
- Visit project areas when necessary.
- Ensure that operations adhere to EWS-KT Uganda policies and regulations.
- Be proactive in problem identification.
- Participate in designing log frames and theories of change for projects.
- Provide up-to-date and accurate information on the progress of activities, initiatives, and impacts to support and guide the management team in decision-making.
- BSc in agriculture or a related field
- Master’s or postgraduate degree in MEL is an added advantage
- 3 years of experience in MEL
- Knowledge regarding MEL tools like log frame, theory of change, 7 problem-solving tools
- Knowledge of and keen interest in data analysis
- Experience in writing various reports
- Excellent internal communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Independent thinking skills, practically oriented, and good and fast decision-making skills
- Problem-solving skills, and analytical skills in qualitative and quantitative data
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, project management tools, R, Google Sheets, KoboToolbox, and Stata
- Good team player able to work with local organizations and sometimes outside of working hours
- Good understanding of vegetable production and the vegetable market in Uganda
At EWS-KT, we value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, or belief.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to [email protected]
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only applicants who are shortlisted for further discussions will be contacted.