Gender Inclusion Specialist – Global
Place of work: This position will support EWS-KT operations globally, but will be based in an EWS-KT office in Uganda, Tanzania, Cambodia, the Philippines, Thailand, India, or Bangladesh.
Duration: This is a long term position – initially as a contractual role for 2 years and extendable on evaluation.
Travel: Subject to Covid-19 restrictions, some travel in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Myanmar, the Philippines, Tanzania, Uganda, and Nigeria (potentially other countries in future), supporting local teams, meeting partners, networking, etc.
About the Role
EWS-KT has an ambition to reach 1 million farmers globally over the next five years. By 2024 we will be training 300,000 farmers every year; 100,000 farmers in Africa, 100,000 farmers in India and 100,000 farmers in other Asian countries (every year). To put this challenge into perspective, that’s three times more than what we achieved in 2019; currently 100,000 smallholder farmers are exposed to best practices and practical field based training events every year.
To reach our goals without compromising the high quality of our work, we need to strengthen our organizational structure and capacity. This position will work closely with a team of international experts to help improve the inclusion of gender into all training programs. As well as helping to catalyze changes needed for further growth of EWS-KT, this position has long term potential and good opportunity for further growth within our organization.
The Gender Inclusion Specialist will lead the development and implementation of the EWS KT’s overall strategy for gender inclusion, and will ensure the integration of women into all EWS KT activities.
● Entry point – gender study for 40th years anniversary EWS: Gathering learning on how to strengthen the opportunities for women in vegetable production systems, Gather learning on how to build capacity of teams in understanding gender issues in their working areas;
● Sharing learnings and supporting gender mainstreaming in all KT countries (global);
● Supporting management on the development of the gender mainstreaming strategy and implementation;
● Raising awareness and communicating on the rationale (and solutions) to gender mainstreaming;
● Piloting pragmatic approaches and tools;
● Supporting management and field teams with the development of gender equality action plans;
● Establishing and maintaining a gender information management system;
● Measuring impact of approaches;
● Presenting EWS best practises and insights to external audiences;
The Gender Inclusion Specialist will work closely with and report to the Director of EWS KT and the EWS KT Knowledge Manager. This position will work closely and coordinate with KT Heads, KT Managers, the KT Project Manager, The Partnership Specialist, the knowledge group (Technical Hub, Digital group, Data group).
● Monitor and analyse gender within EWS KT countries and projects; starting with participating and leading a women farmers study for the 40th Anniversary of EWS – October 2022.
● Lead development and implementation of the program’s overall gender inclusion strategy in all KT countries (Global);
● Ensure that women are integrated into all program activities, including technical implementation, monitoring, operations, policies, and procedures by designing activities that
target these groups within the scope of the project.
● Pilot pragmatic approaches and tools
● Provide gender inclusion technical advice and training to program staff, partners, and stakeholders to build their capacity to integrate gender considerations into designing interventions, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
● Assist in the design and implementation of gender inclusion analyses, impact assessments and other learning studies.
● Review and provide input to project work plans, with attention to Gender, and discuss issues and priorities with project senior management and other technical specialists.
● Liaise with technical component leaders to ensure that gender considerations are assessed and accounted for.
● Support plans to collect and analyze relevant data and assist in the collection and analysis of sex- and age-disaggregated data. Work with Project Coordinators/ M&E data analysts to
identify Gender inclusion learning questions and outcomes.
● Incorporate gender considerations into the Performance Monitoring Plan, with an emphasis on designing indicators that will drive high-value project activities.
● Travel to project locations to oversee technical inputs.
● Write project reports and prepare internal documentation as required.
● Maintain an up-to-date and thorough understanding of gender issues related to project components.
● Write, coordinate, and disseminate lessons learned among team and program partners.
● Bachelor’s degree in gender studies, international development, sociology, or relevant field, Master’s degree preferred.
● A minimum of three years relevant work experience managing a gender portfolio.
● Experience conducting gender analysis and research.
● Experience with agriculture productivity; agribusiness and market development is preferred.
● An influential communicator, with excellent written and verbal skills English.
● Evidence of good analytical and problem solving skills.
● Ability to network effectively, with the ability to develop a wide range of relevant contacts.
● Comfortable working within a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team.
● Must be enthusiastic, innovative, and self-motivated.
At EWS-KT, we value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
The incumbent can expect a wide range of rewards and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Due to limited resources and high volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send your CV to [email protected].